Beside the obvious requirements for VMware ESXi host(s) and a Xymon server Vmware-Monitor for Xymon (VMX) only requires the virtual management assistant VM from VMware with a xymon-client installed.
Supported VMware systems
- ESX 3.5 and ESXi 3.5
- vSphere ESX 4.0 and ESXi 4.0
- vSphere ESX 4.1 and Hypervisor ESXi 4.1
- vSphere Hypervisor ESXi 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 6.0
- VMware-server-2.0.x (unofficially supported by vMA 4.0 w/o SP)
Xymon server and client
Beside the obvious requirements of a Xymon monitoring environment (we can of course assist in setting up –> consulting!!) and at least one VMware host.
For the Xymon server:
- xymon v4.3.x
- xymon v4.2.3 without any patches
older versions of Xymon:
- xymon v4.3.0_beta2 + splitncv-patch or a xymon-4.3.0 SVN-snapshot after 2009-11-14
- hobbit-4.2.0 with restrictions
For the VMX-client
vSphere Management AssistentvMA 4.0, vMA 4.1 or newer provided by VMware (recommended) or alternatively an installation of VMware vSphere CLI and the corresponding Utility Applications.
the displaynames of the VMs should be identical to hostnames used in the xymon-configuration (
bb-hostsfile). If you happen to have differing names please check the documentation for possible solutions and side-effects.